Friday, October 15, 2010

Secretariain't: What This Is and Why It Is

Today is the first day of my 9 week journey into the depths of the deep questions I've been asking myself for the past few years:
This blog is intended as an exploration into these burning questions I have. As a youthful gen-y woman, I was promised by teachers and curriculum that I could do anything, be anything, and achieve anything. In fact, I used to believe that if I wanted something bad enough or if I were competitive enough, I could achieve it all. But over time, I began to realize that many of the games in life are fixed, that injustice is real and that it is all around us. 

As a woman in business (pursuing her green MBA), I want to engage and learn more about the systemic barriers that exist for women starting their own companies or striving to do well within existing companies. 

As the title of this blog suggests, not all of us dream of our names in lights with "admin. assistant" just below it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment